Soldering Material for PCBs in Blender





Model done in Blender by @PCBArts, Render by 3Dcinetv.




Electronic components can be represented accurately in a 3D render using Blender. Many different circuit creation softwares have a basic OpenGL engine to show the results of the components in the printed circuit board (PCB).





Custom electronic building has been something I've eagerly pursued for many years, but the patience for me and the components were not as friendly enough as they are now. Added that we have more communication tools than ever, I decided to re-visit some interesting projects around the net and I have definitively found a new passion.





While I was navigating the net, I found this account on Twitter, their renders, products, and designs well pair with their name: "PCBArts". They have shared this file for anyone to check out their PCB shader. One of their twitts mentioned they were looking into creating a soldering material for PCBs in Blender, so I did this video using a combination of texture and matcap material so you can download and customize colors and appearance with the RED LABELED NODES in the shader. If you have any questions, please make them in the comment section below. Thanks!






https://youtu.be/7ratnf0rIVU

Comments